Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Infrastructure and Technology Operations Division (OIID) within the Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST). OIST enables ADB's IT transformational projects and operations required for the Bank's activities and knowledge exchange. The office delivers IT services and solutions, provides tools and knowledge platforms, and supports ADB's endeavors to leverage the optimal use of information and communication technology in developing member countries.
OIID is responsible for the design, governance, implementation, maintenance, and day-to-day operations of ADB's technology infrastructure, platforms, security and associated systems. This division works to ensure that the bank's production technology systems are operational and available to the people of ADB and continually monitors the bank's infrastructure and applications for potential security threats and breaches. This division also stays abreast of the latest developments in end-user devices, mobility, and technology architecture to ensure ADB is taking advantage of the latest technologies when it makes business sense.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Information Technology Officer (Technology Operations Governance and Service Management) is responsible for the management of divisional Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Operational Level Agreements (OLAs), general IT Service Management, and production governance. The incumbent will report to Director, OIID and will supervise a group of administrative staff and contractor personnel.
- Establish standards and penalties when requiring SLAs from vendors interacting with OIID
- Discuss and negotiate OLAs with other parts of the IT Department
- Discuss and negotiate SLAs between OIID and user departments
- Manage Production Change Management procedures and the Change Advisory Board
- Manage other Service Design functions like capacity and availability management
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in IT or relevant fields. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- ITIL certifications
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff Levels 1 - 2
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.