Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 member countries.
The position is assigned in the Funding Division within the Treasury Department (TD). TD performs a strategic role in efficiently planning, mobilizing, and managing ADB's finances, with the view of protecting ADB's solid financial standing to enable the Bank to deliver on its developmental goals. TD defines ADB's asset and liability management policies on liquidity income management, currency management, and loan pricing. It coordinates increases in ADB's general capital and raises funds in capital markets. TD also manages ADB's investment portfolio to ensure that ADB's liquidity requirements are met at all times.
The Treasury Department Funding Division (TDFD) crafts ADB's medium- and long-term borrowing strategy and formulates an annual borrowing program to meet net cash requirements and liquidity needs. TDFD undertakes borrowings in international capital markets to raise low cost funds for ADB's OCR operations.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Treasury Analyst will provide critical analytical, technical and operational support in the documentation of new borrowings, buybacks and swap transactions in the international and domestic capital markets, and in the preparation of ADB's Information Statement and other borrowing-related internal and external parties. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Assists front office in the review of the terms and conditions of new borrowing transactions to ensure that these are consistent with ADB's interest. Reviews, negotiates and finalizes borrowing documents such as the pricing supplement, terms agreement, subscription agreement, paying agency agreement, recording agency agreement, trust deed, bond certificates, side letters, information statement supplement, calculation agency agreement, etc. to ensure that the agreed terms and conditions are accurately reflected on such documents and completed within the given timeline. Performs varied duties relating to the documentation of new issues and ensures timely completion of such duties, as follows: coordinates with lead underwriters on preparation and review of documents; requests credit ratings from international credit rating agencies such as Moody's, S&P and Fitch Ratings; prepares delivery and payment instructions to fiscal and global agents; and coordinates with internal units for the preparation of temporary and permanent global notes. If necessary, resolve issues with underwriters or agents to ensure the timely completion of documents for the smooth settlement of transactions. Ensures all required documentation are signed by authorized signatories and transmitted or submitted to the proper parties prior to closing.
- Undertakes necessary tasks to facilitate compliance with bond covenants such as submission of required reports by stock exchanges and regulatory authorities, sending of financial statements to lead underwriters, etc. Maintains control measures that will ensure all necessary filing and disclosure requirements are completed on time and filed with the relevant regulatory bodies.
- Provides necessary technical, analytical and administrative support in the preparation of ADB's Information Statement. Ensures that all information that needs to be disclosed to regulatory authorities and investors on ADB's operations and credit fundamentals are reflected in the Information Statement. Ensures accuracy and timeliness of information included in the Information Statement.
- Assists in the review and update of documentation process flowcharts, relevant business continuity plans and processes and proposed updates in ADB's MTN Programs.
- Reviews, negotiates, and finalizes swap confirmations related to borrowing transactions including interest and cross currency swaps and asset swaps undertaken in relation to loans and investments. Ensures that the terms and conditions reflected in the swap confirmation are accurate and in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions. Analyzes swap terms and ensures that the terms of the swap match the terms of the underlying funding transaction, loan or investment. Ensures that swap transactions are undertaken with eligible swap counterparties and that the swap confirmations are signed by authorized signatories of both parties.
- Drafts responses to queries/information requests from Management, Board members and other internal departments on matters relating to ADB borrowings, investments, financial operations, etc. Prepares correspondence to external parties such as fiscal agents, swap counterparties, underwriters, rating agencies on matters relating to ADB borrowings and swaps. Maintains excellent coordination with internal parties including OGC, ORM, CTL, etc. Performs other functions that may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Accounting, Banking, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Law or related disciplines.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in treasury or risk management operations.
- Strong numerical and analytical abilities with proven interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Sound knowledge of basic financial mathematics.
- Solid understanding of relevant Treasury and general policies, procedures, guidelines and reporting formats prevalent in a multilateral institution is an advantage.
- Familiarity with borrowing documentation and swap documentation requirements in line with ISDA Definitions is an advantage.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff levels 1 - 7.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.