Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 member countries.
The position is assigned in the Trust Funds and Administrative Expenses (CTFA) Division within the Controller's Department (CTL). CTL's overall responsibility is to help maintain adequate and sound internal control of processes in ADB, and CTFA's responsibilities include preparing financial reports for trust funds and processing and overseeing administrative and capital expense payments and the accounting thereof.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Coordination and Administration Assistant carries out administrative, analytical and coordinating function, and help coordinate activities for a division/office/department in accomplishing its responsibilities. The incumbent will report to Designated International Staff and senior National Staff
- Coordinates the monitoring of works assigned to different areas in CTFA through the maintenance and the updating of computerized record keeping; monitors progress of work in meeting the required time line or deadlines; follows up progress of work with the respective Specialist in charge of each section, and other departments for documents requiring responses/actions.
- Compiles and maintains files and records of staffing matters in CTFA, including approved positions, vacancies, recruitment actions, new recruits, promotions, departures, preparation and submission of performance evaluation reports to BPHR and related memoranda, leave plans; and coordinates all necessary actions that need to be undertaken by other sections and offices in ADB.
- Coordinates the various activities such as meeting arrangements of a division/office/department ensuring the supervisor's instructions are passed onto the concerned staff; coordinates the inputs/comments from various sections for consolidation.
Data Analysis and Report Generation
- Collects, compiles and analyzes relevant information and data related to the division/office/department to produce routine and/or ad hoc statistics/reports as instructed.
- Ensures that office filing systems and records are properly and promptly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy identification and retrieval, segregating those that are permanent (e.g. policies, systems and procedures) in nature.
- Ensures that all documents are correctly typed and prepared in compliance with ADB's standards; all incoming mails/documents for further actions are logged, properly distributed, and promptly followed up, and that outgoing mails/faxes are delivered on time and those requiring further actions are recorded and followed up.
- Acts as coordinator for Budget Monitoring and Cost Systems for budget monitoring and Leave Management System in Oracle environment for attendance monitoring, and prepares mission authorization requests. Performs certain standard activities such as maintaining adequate stocks of office supplies as required; coordinates micro-computer inventory, allocation, and requirements for the division/office/department.
- Ensures the effective coordination of supervisor's schedule by maintaining electronic diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel accommodation and events, and in accordance with ADB procedures. Provides efficient reception services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to concerned staff.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, accounting, business administration or finance, or relevant fields; CPA designation is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in office or work administration, with high proficiency in document automation
- Advance computer skills and good knowledge and application in the use of spreadsheets (Excel), database (Access) and graphics (Visio) and word-processing software used within ADB; preferably with knowledge in automating such applications using Macro
- Excellent typing skills
- Good coordination and interpersonal skills
- Ability to coordinate proper distribution of tasks among other staff
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Thorough understanding of the role and function of the division/office/department and a good general understanding of the organization's purpose
- Good working knowledge of ADB's procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of the work
- Ability to exercise judgment on matters of confidentiality and those requiring urgent attention especially in the supervisor's absence
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 1-7.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of three years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.