Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 member countries.
The position is assigned in the Results Management and Aid Effectiveness Division (SPRA) within the Strategy, Policy and Review Department (SPD). SPD provides ADB with strategic planning perspectives and direction, ensures policy and operations coordination, supports allocation and monitoring of the use of operational resources, manages the implementation of development results and effectiveness, and maintains institutional relations with the international development community. SPRA leads ADB's actions and initiatives in implementing improved approaches, techniques, systems and procedures for better management for development results. SPRA ensures ADB's alignment with the sustainable development goals (SDGs) and coordination of the implementation of ADB's commitments on aid and development effectiveness. The division also takes a lead role in quality review of selected project concept papers and Report and Recommendations of the President (RRP).
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Results Management Assistant performs a full range of secretarial duties for international staff. Coordinates administrative activities and assists in the preparation and finalization of results related reports, strategy papers and technical papers. Supports collection and presentation of operational data for analytical purposes. Assists in the arrangements for institutional meetings such as stakeholder meetings, informal board seminars and board meetings.
The incumbent will report to designated international staff and senior national staff.
- Support the preparation of results related reports, strategy papers and technical papers. Support SPRA in editing and finalizing background papers, strategy papers, TA papers, and other results related reports.
- Collect, compile and analyze relevant information and data related to operations and routine and statistics and reports as requested. Use applicable spreadsheet and statistical software.
- Support the organization of various events and institutional meetings such as Heads of Department meetings, Board consultations and meetings, and bilateral meetings as requested.
- Ensure that all correspondence and documents are in compliance with ADB's standards. Independently compose and send out routine memos and letters. Draft complex correspondence for signature of supervisor. Ensure that all incoming mail is logged, properly distributed, and promptly brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that outgoing mails/faxes are delivered on time. Uses Outlook effectively in all these tasks.
- Provide efficient reception services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
- Ensure the effective coordination of supervisors' schedules by maintaining their diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisors and in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Act as division budget coordinator. Lead the preparation and monitoring of the division's budget.
- Ensure that assigned office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Track the flow of documents with the use of database for effective monitoring to meet deadlines.
- May relieve other Senior Administrative Assistants/Executive Assistants as required.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of assigned area
- Excellent typing skills
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English
- Proficient in ADB standard software programs and information technologies
- Good coordination and interpersonal skills
- Ability to coordinate proper distribution of tasks among other administrative assistants
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Thorough understanding of the role and function of the division/office/department and a good general understanding of the organization's purpose
- Good working knowledge of procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of work
- Ability to exercise judgement on matters of confidentiality and those requiring urgent attention
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS4
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.