Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of the Director General (PAOD) within the Pacific Department (PARD). PARD is responsible for client relationships with 14 Pacific developing member countries.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Project Analyst provides statistical and analytical support to the functions of portfolio management and performs a full range of administrative, research, analytical, and project support duties. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and to Head, Project Administration.
Portfolio and Project Performance Monitoring
- Updates information and performance of assigned loan, grant and TA projects into eOperations quarterly or as necessary, including project description and scope, status of implementation, developments, major problems, and actions taken/proposed.
- Participates in the departmental and divisional portfolio review meetings when needed.
- Assists designated International Staff in applying rules and procedures, such as the Loan/Grant Regulations, Project Administration Instructions, loan/grant/TA disbursement handbooks, the financial management handbook.
- Assists designated International Staff in preparing annual project administration plans, including mission plans, identification of issues to be addressed, and in preparing revised projections for contract awards and disbursements.
- Maintains records needed to monitor compliance with loan/grant covenants, following up outstanding obligations of executing agencies (EA) such as the submission of monthly and/or quarterly progress reports, safeguard compliance reports, and benefit monitoring and evaluation reports, and inputting data on the status of such compliance in e-Operations.
- Participates in various missions as required such as inception, review, mid-term review and project completion missions by providing assistance in collecting data on contract awards and disbursements, reconciliation of project accounts, compliance with loan covenants, and familiarizing executing agencies with ADB's policies and procedures and assisting them where necessary in the preparation of various reports and disbursement applications.
Project Start-up Support
- Contributes to preparation of Project and/or Facility Administration Manuals and Grant Implementation Manuals by consolidating data and information for appendixes, drafting project description and scope, project cost and financing plan, procurement plan, selection procedures and terms of reference for the consulting services, design and monitoring framework, loan covenants, and others.
- Prepares initial inputs of information and data of loan, grant and TA projects for eOperations, including project description and scope, design and monitoring framework, and initial baseline projections for contract awards and disbursements.
- Undertakes activities connected with the initial operation and implementation of loan, grant and technical assistance (TA) projects, including monitoring and following up of loan/grant signing, TA letter signing, loan/grant effectivity, drafting necessary documents and correspondence related to such activities.
Project Financial Management
- Compiles data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements for the assigned projects,and assists in monitoring and analyzing the actual contract awards and disbursements against targets to identify shortfalls and underlying causes, following-up with the executing agencies, and identifying needed actions to meet projections.
- Assists in reviewing requests for changes and/or reallocation of loan, grant and TA proceeds, and in drafting requisite memos for approval.
- Reconciles project accounts and monitors disbursement status, imprest accounts as well as creation and closing of accounts.
- Contributes to the monitoring of EAs' submission of audited financial statements and/or project accounts, and assists in reviewing the submitted audit reports.
- Familiarizes staff of EAs with the ADB's loan/grant/TA disbursement guidelines and procedures.
- Updates project data in ADB applications, such as Mainframe and e-operations, and prepares various reports on projects' financial status as required by the Department and Management.
- Administers all activities necessary to process disbursement claims by reviewing withdrawal applications, following-up submission, preparing required correspondence and re-estimating project costs and ADB's commitments and financing percentages.
Support for Procurement and Consultant Services
- Contributes to the review of various procurement documents, for example, prequalification documents, bid evaluation reports, contract awards-related documents/reports such as Project Contract Summary Sheet or Project Contract Update Sheet, and assists in drafting various papers (for example, procurement papers for award of contracts), and correspondences as required.
- Assists designated International Staff in recruiting consultants in preparing shortlists, request for proposals, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations, and contract signing. Also assists in issuing contract variations for consultants' contracts.
- Updates the Consultant Recruitment Activity Monitoring System and the Procurement Contract Monitoring System to support monitoring of the progress of consultant recruitment and procurement.
- Assists in monitoring submission of TA consultants' final billings and TA completion for timely closure of TA accounts.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferably relating to project financial management and administration
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience; related experience in international agencies will be preferred
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6 - 7.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.