Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in India Residence Mission (INRM) within the South Asia Department (SARD). INRM assists in the project implementation of the loans and technical assistance (TA) projects and supports the ADB HQ in processing new loans in India.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
To provide administrative and analytical support to the functions of portfolio management and project administration in transport sector and selected subsectors including various levels of roads, railways, ports, and urban transport, under the guidance of a designated International Staff (IS) and/or senior National Staff (NS).
Work independently on all or a combination of the following transactions and/or clearly defined areas, depending on the assignment/instructions from supervisors (International Staff and/or senior National Staff):
- Contributes to the preparation and updating of PAM by gathering and consolidating data in the appendices, and preparing draft on various sections, including project description/scope, project cost, loan allocation, procurement, loan covenants, etc.
- Prepares and updates individual Project Performance Reports every month for loans outlining all the required details for example, project description/scope, status of implementation, developments, major problems, actions taken/proposed, and participating in the Departmental PPR meetings when needed.
- Compiles data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements for the assigned projects for the generation of various reports required by the Department and Management. Monitors and analyzes the actual awards and disbursements against targets to identify shortfalls and their underlying causes and follows up these matters with the Executing Agencies.
- Participates in various missions as required such as inception, review, mid-term mission and project completion report missions by providing independent support in collecting data on contract awards and disbursements, reconciliation of project accounts, compliance with loan covenants, familiarizing executing agencies with ADB's loan procedures, and assisting them where necessary in the preparation of various reports and applications.
- Maintains records needed to monitor compliance with project and technical assistance (TA) covenants. Follows up on outstanding obligations of executing agencies such as the submission of financial statements, monthly and/or quarterly progress reports
- Monitors physical progress in projects/TA implementation, for example, by following up on outstanding obligations of executing agencies (EAs) to expedite procurement/contract awards. Familiarizes EAs with ADB guidelines and procedures and ensuring their compliance with project covenants
- Assists in updating procurement (including consultant recruitment) plans, reviewing procurement (including contract) documents, and drafting responses on procurement matters and internal procurement processing documents.
- Assists in processing disbursements for delegated and non-delegated projects by following up with EAs on timely submission of withdrawal applications. Reviews withdrawal applications for compliance with project agreement
- Performs other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, and related fields
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in infrastructure sectors; experience in international organizations will be preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of various stages of the project cycle, including procurement, contract administration, and progress management. Understanding and knowledge of the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) conditions of contract will be an advantage, along with associate knowledge and experience in financial control.
- Proficiency in the use of technology packages (common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics, PowerPoint and web-browsing and search engines.
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps
- Able to conduct cost-benefit analysis to support decision-making.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English and the national language (as required)
- Proficient in spreadsheets and required information technologies
- Able to provide guidance to other AS staff on assigned area of work
- Able to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location and with colleagues throughout ADB
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6 - 7
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of India.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.