Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Sri Lanka Resident Mission (SLRM) within the South Asia Department.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Project Analyst performs a variety of specialized responsibilities relating to the function of loan disbursement processing. The main responsibilities include disbursement processing and support and coordination functions. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Reviews and process withdrawal applications (WAs), Summary Sheet, Statement of Expenditures (SOE) and other disbursement-related documents under direct payment, replenishment/liquidation, reimbursement procedures for assigned ongoing loans and grants and ensure accuracy, validity, correctness, compliance with the conditions of loan/grant agreement and Service Level Standards (SLS).
- Requests project staff concerned in SLRM and sector divisions for issuance of Procurement Contract Summary Sheet (PCSS)/Procurement Contract Update Sheet (PCUS) for WAs not covered or partly covered by PCSS.
- Monitors the status of withdrawal applications, uploads applications to e-Star and maintains files and updated records of WAs received and processed.
- Pre-screens commitment letter applications to ensure that they conform with requirements
- Updates executing agencies on changes in Disbursement Guidelines, ADB's policies and Project Administration Instructions on disbursements, etc.
- Generates various reports from disbursement date, and prepares disbursement-related correspondences.
- Performs SOE verification for loan disbursements under SOE procedure for selected projects.
- Attends to inquiries from executing agencies (EAs), CTLA and other ADB staff on disbursements related documents and information. Assists in conducting disbursement seminars on client portal for disbursements (CPD) system for staff in EAs, and others.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or other related fields. Professional qualification such as CPA or CA in accredited institute will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in financial accounting preferably in international agencies. Experience in auditing is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of ADB operational processes and procedures
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis, collect and organize required data, and prepare notes/reports.
- Very good oral and writing English communication skills, and appropriate computer skills.
- For other competencies, relevant to the position, please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 4 - 5.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Sri Lanka.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.