Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.033, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9)
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. AS to NS or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first performance review after staff has completed at least one full year in the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new position.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Portfolio Management Division (PFPM) within the Procurement, Portfolio and Financial Management Department (PPFD). In the area of portfolio management, PPFD is responsible for assessing the performance of ADB's portfolio, including preparation of the annual portfolio performance report, reporting on quarterly portfolio performance and project classification system, and conducting special studies; preparing regular and ad hoc reports on the status of ADB's portfolio; managing selected portfolio databases, including data entry and data quality assurance; supporting and managing ADB's automated project management systems; maintaining PPFD's website and Business Opportunities website; providing technical and analytical portfolio management support to user departments; overseeing, administering and advising on Project Administration Instructions (PAIs); providing secretariat support to the Operations Review Meeting-Portfolio; leading interagency engagement on portfolio and project management issues including participation in multilateral development bank (MDB) portfolio management meetings; commenting and advising, in coordination with the Strategy and Policy Department, on operational policies and procedures; and leading capacity development efforts for effective delivery.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Portfolio Management Analyst is responsible for (i) supporting the preparation of key portfolio reports and indicators for sovereign and/or nonsovereign portfolio; (ii) producing data on country and indicator level for assigned developing member countries (DMCs) and portfolio indicators; (iii) generating and reviewing portfolio indicators for specific analyses, regular and ad hoc portfolio reports, and special studies; (iv) assisting in the performance of the quality assurance function on portfolio reports through review of records in the financial systems and project and portfolio management systems; and (v) providing guidance and support to user departments on the use of project and portfolio management systems, and portfolio reports/indicators. The incumbent will report directly to designated international staff and senior national staff.
- Contributes to the preparation of the Annual Portfolio Performance Report, Operations Review Meetings, Management Information Summary, and special studies undertaken by the Unit.
- Responsible for generating and performing first level review and quality assurance on assigned nonsovereign and/or sovereign portfolio indicators, including statistics and graphical presentations on historical trends at ADB-wide level for annual, quarterly and ad-hoc reports. Provides validated data and analysis on portfolio information.
- Maintains complete, accurate, and timely update of portfolio management data for use in reports, ad hoc requirements and special studies. Supports the conduct of research and provides inputs to the preparation of special studies and issues related to the nonsovereign and/or sovereign operations, including simulations and historical trends.
- Monitors portfolio performance issues, and coordinates with concerned departments (e.g., Operations Departments, Private Sector Operations Department, Office of Risk Management, Controller's Department, and Strategy, Policy and Review Department).
- Assists in the review and implementation of business processes related to operations.
- Supports the Regional Departments in the preparation of background paper for country portfolio review, quarterly country portfolio indicators, and country partnership strategy by providing data and historical trends on standard indicators/information for assigned countries. Acts as alternate to the focal point for other assigned countries.
- Assists staff on queries relating to the application of particular business process, sources of portfolio information, and definition/methodology of portfolio management indicators.
- Supports the maintenance/management of portfolio data, including timely updates, quality assurance of data. Performs quality assurance and testing on regular and ad hoc reports/outputs from various application systems.
- Provides technical assistance to staff on the use of various application systems (e.g., eOperations, Operations Dashboard, financial systems, and project processing and portfolio management systems). Reviews and conducts quality checks on validity and completeness of key information.
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting, and updating related approvals database for all project and product approvals. Serves as back-up to Consultant Management System (CMS) administrative responsibilities.
- Assists in performing user acceptance testing on system functionality of the project processing and portfolio management eOperations system, operations dashboard. Provides inputs and feedback in consultation with the team and monitors accuracy of regular outputs.
- Prepares required information for ad hoc requests.
- Performs other tasks across teams within PPFD as requested.
Relevant Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree major in Accounting, Business Management, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, or Financial Management.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in supporting project processing, project implementation, and portfolio management.
- Working knowledge on ADB's financial instruments and project/portfolio performance reporting systems - PPR, portfolio reports, project/product approvals, and portfolio performance indicators.
- Working knowledge of ADB's project administration and financial systems (i.e., eOperations, Mainframe), and Lotus Notes applications.
- Strong analytical skills; able to analyze relationships among several parts of a problem or situation.
- Able to work well with numbers and details.
- Proficient in using Excel (including its functions, formulas, and creation of charts).
- Able to research, gather, and organize required data and information, and apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing data.
- Good understanding of basic statistical concepts.
- Good understanding of ADB's operational processes and procedures.
- Has initiative and thinks independently under limited supervision.
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within the team and throughout ADB.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6-7
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.