Close relatives (spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle) of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Afghanistan Resident Mission within the Central and West Asia Department (CWRD). CWRD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the Central and West Asia region. Afghanistan is a founding member of ADB. ADB supports the country's development in the agriculture and natural resources, energy, and transport sectors. ADB's cumulative program in Afghanistan totals almost $4.7 billion.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
To perform a full range of administrative duties for the assigned supervisors, including organizing and maintaining records, contact with the public, preparing correspondence and reports, assistance for visiting ADB missions, coordinate administrative activities for the Afghanistan Resident Mission (AFRM), and other appropriate functions as required. The incumbent will report to the Designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Ensures that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are correctly typed, prepared and submitted on time in compliance with ADB's standard.
- Ensures all the incoming mails are logged, properly distributed and brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that outgoing mails/faxes are delivered on time.
- Provides efficient administrative services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from internal/external calls to ensure they are referred in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
- Ensures the effective coordination of supervisors' schedules by maintaining their diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by supervisors in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Arranges meetings/appointments with Government, executing agencies, donors and other stakeholders. Prepares and keeps record of meeting minutes as and when required.
- Translates incoming correspondence and do interpretation during meetings with government official as and when required.
- Assists in the preparation of Aide Memoirs, background papers, back-to-office reports and other reports pertaining to group assigned. Prepares Mission Authorization Requests and Travel Request Authorization, and Request for Reimbursement of Business Travel through eTrip system.
- Assists with uploading documents to eStar. Ensures the office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Performs any other duties as may be required and reflected in the incumbent's work plan, such as retrieving files/documents for preparation of reports, preparing tables and charts for reports, assisting ADB visiting missions, and other routine office administrative functions.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration, economics, public policy, or any other relevant fields.
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in analytical works such as financial management, human resource management, procurement, project administration, project management or contract management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 4
The selected candidate will be appointed for an initial term of three years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Afghanistan.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.