1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"To undertake a research and analyze how former agrarian villages located in CALABARZON region have been transformed in response to urbanization and industrialization in the past four decades, mainly through enhanced connectivity through newly constructed national highways."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Conduct a descriptive analysis of survey data collected in villages located in CALABARZON region and write a report on the transformation of these villages in the past four decades.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Timing: June 2019 onwards
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
1) Conduct a descriptive analysis of data.
2) Write a report on the transformation of former agrarian villages in the past four decades based on the analysis.
3) Perform data collection and conduct statistical analysis.
4) Conduct field study, when necessary.
5) Prepare figures and tables, and help in drafting the research paper.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Presently enrolled in a Master's or PhD course. Ideally a student working on his/her economics Ph.D. and focusing on applied econometrics.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Possesses very good writing and presentation skills.
- Proven experience in advanced and complex analytical methods and econometric and statistical accounting frameworks.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, as well as statistical and mathematical programming software such as MATLAB, STATA etc.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).