1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Assessing financing opportunities for private sector infrastructure projects in the power and/or waste-to-energy and/or water sectors, located in Indonesia, and collating data base of PF deals in such sectors in the region."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Intern will assist in due diligence for financing of potential private sector infrastructure projects in the power and/or waste-to-energy and/or water sectors, located in Indonesia. Due diligence will include a sector analysis as well as an economic, financial, technological and sponsor evaluation of each project. As part of the sector analysis, one of the tasks will include generating data base for PF deals (mainly precedent ADB deals, but, to the extent information is available, could also include those that ADB was not involved) in such sectors in the region. The assignment will include business travel to Indonesia and/or Singapore for 3-5 days.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8-16 weeks
- Timing: June 2019 onwards
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
The Intern will be a member of a project team in ADB's Private Sector Infrastructure Finance Division, and his/her output includes i) specific sections of the final due diligence report used for financing power and/or waste-to-energy and/or water projects, ii) PF deal data base in those sectors, and iii) a short presentation of his/her findings.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
MBA-/MSc-/PhD-student or equivalent.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Working experience with financial institution or infrastructure project sponsor.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).