1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Solid waste, flood, and wastewater nexus in South Asian countries."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Review of solid waste, flood, and wastewater nexus in urban areas, focusing on the potential link for more integrated project design. Review of SARO urban projects to identify (i) how and what level the solid waste, flood, and wastewater nexus has been considered and implemented; and (ii) what are the best practices and recommendations for application in SAUW projects.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Timing: June 2019
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
The intern is expected to do a desk review on solid waste, flood, and wastewater nexus analysis and experience in ADB- financed projects. This study will: (i) review solid waste, flood, and wastewater nexus in Asia context and recent progress; (ii) outline any key elements in the potential applications; (iii) review experience of solid waste, flood, and wastewater nexus in ADB-financed projects to identify lessons learned and potential for improvement; (iv) carry out telephone interviews with executing agencies/project management units of ADB-financed projects to seek their opinions on areas for improvement; and
(vi) draft recommendations for ADB involvement to improve the solid waste, flood, and wastewater nexus consideration in
SARD projects for a more integrated project design.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Presently enrolled in a Master's degree, or equivalent, in Environmental / Civil Engineering, or other related fields.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Preferred area of experience: water management, environmental engineering, and civil engineering. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).