1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Comparative analysis of the best practices of Board committees."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Review the practices and terms of reference (TOR) of the Board committees of the different IFIs. Provide detailed and in-depth analysis of the similarities and differences with ADB practices and TORs. Gather information on how the IFIs Board committee TORs are revised.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Timing: June 2019 onwards
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
Report on the comparative best practices of the Board committees of IFIs.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Presently enrolled in a Master's or PhD course in Public Administration, Law or International Relations
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Familiarity with the work of the Office of the Secretary or Corporate Secretary. Knowledge of the governance structure of IFIs is an advantage.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).