Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB. 1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first performance review after staff has completed at least one full year in the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new position.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 member countries.
The position is assigned within the Office of the Auditor General (OAG). ADB's internal audit function provides audit and advisory services designed to add value and improve ADB operations. OAG provides assurance to the President and the Audit Committee of the Board (ACB) that ADB's financial and operational controls designed to manage risks and achieve ADB's development objectives are operating in an efficient and effective manner. OAG assists Management and the ACB by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes in ADB.
All activities of the ADB, including (i) sovereign loan, TA and grant operations; (ii) non-sovereign lending and equity investment operations; (iii) treasury and risk management functions; (iv) information technology; and (v) finance and administration are covered by OAG.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Audit Officer is responsible for conducting or supporting audits and advisory services; and contributes actively in the formulation of engagement strategies, approaches, and recommendations to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and internal controls. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and Senior National Staff.
- Contributes to the planning and execution of complex audits and advisory services, under the supervision of senior staff.
- Formulates risk-based audit plans, conducts interviews, obtains and analyzes relevant data and information.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and internal controls.
- Assesses compliance with established rules and regulations, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Formulates recommendations; and monitors, follows-up, and reports on their implementation.
- Maintains high quality working papers and audit reports that are thorough, accurate, and timely.
- Contributes to continuous improvement efforts in the department and implementation of best practices
- Shares knowledge and participates in interdepartmental working groups as assigned.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, information technology, development, or related fields, preferably with advanced training.
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- At least 6 years relevant experience in auditing, accounting, finance, information technology, development or related field in financial institutions or large organizations.
- Superior analytical skills, sound judgment, fairness and discretion.
- Versatility to conduct a variety of audits.
- Working knowledge of TeamMate audit software and data analysis language is preferred.
- Ability to develop rapport internally and externally in a multicultural environment.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for NS1.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of the Philippines.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.