Close relatives (spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle) of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Azerbaijan Resident Mission (AZRM) within the Central and West Asia Department (CWRD). CWRD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the Central and West Asia region. AZRM is responsible for country reporting; country strategy and program formulation; coordination of ADB's activities with the government, donors, NGOs, academic institutions, private sector, and other members of civil society; financial and administrative activities, project administration support, economic and sector work, and programming support; external relations and information dissemination; and portfolio management and annual/quarterly portfolio reviews.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Investment Officer will contribute to the Azerbaijan Country Partnership Strategy, localized treasury and support functions for ADB's transaction advisory activities in Azerbaijan, and ADB's developmental directions for the private sector. The Associate Investment Officer will provide support to the Treasury Department (TD), Office of Public Private Partnership (OPPP), and other relevant departments on the tasks concerning the local currency bonds and public-private partnership projects. In addition, the incumbent may liaise with the Private Sector Operations Department on potential private sector financing opportunities. The incumbent will report to Country Director, AZRM.
- Contribute to the formulation of the Azerbaijan Country Partnership Strategy and Country Operations Business Plans, with a focus on policy and strategies to further private investments and the environment for doing business in Azerbaijan.
- Support ADB's Treasury Department in their work activities concerning the issuance of local currency bonds in Azerbaijan.
- Support Office of Public-Private Partnership (OPPP) in their work activities concerning the PPP projects in Azerbaijan.Support the identification of business opportunities, perform preliminary integrity checks, develop a strong pipeline of investment prospects for ADB in general.
- Support headquarters-based colleagues to administer projects, ensuring compliance with guidelines, policies and procedures, as needed.
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues to increase value with business partners, achieved practical solutions for specific sector challenges and sustain development impact.
- Ensures completeness of database of legal documentation, financing and security documents and project contracts for new project approvals compiled by the originating divisions. Support creation and maintenance of project related databases, tracking portfolio size, composition, and other characteristics, for management information.
- Build and maintain strong relationships to further develop opportunities for the private sector; coordinate with the designated international staff of the Private Sector Operations Department on opportunities with potential for private sector financing.
- Participate in development partner coordination, undertake business development activities, raise awareness and recognition about ADB's activities related to PPP development, through active dialogues with key officials and market players, and represent ADB in business and development partner forums.
- Performs other duties as assigned and reflected in the incumbent's work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business or and equivalent field, preferably with advanced training
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience preferably in project or corporate finance
- Demonstrated analytical skills in risk assessment and financial analysis and modeling.
- Effective report-writing and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop rapport internally and externally in a multicultural environment.
Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff, Level 1
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Azerbaijan.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.