This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
This is a special fixed-term appointment for a period of three (3) years following Section 3.1 (c.) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment'). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. It may be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period at the option of ADB. This appointment is open to internal and external applicants.
If the successful candidate is an ADB staff member holding a regular appointment, his/her regular appointment will be converted to a special fixed-term appointment. A special fixed-term appointment will automatically and without prior notice expire at the end of the term.
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Myanmar Resident Mission (MYRM) within the Southeast Asia Department (SERD). SERD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the Southeast Asian region. MYRM supports country partnership and strategy (CPS), policy dialogue and client relationship, business development, knowledge management, project quality assurance, sector analytic work, and loan and technical assistance processing and administration in Myanmar.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Programs Officer will provide support in (i) preparing the Country Partnership Strategy (CPS), Country Operations Business Plans (COBP), and Country Performance Assessments (CPA); (ii) maintaining the country assistance pipeline and monitoring project processing; and (iii) supervising the production of knowledge work/products. The incumbent will also act as the focal point/coordinator in the Myanmar Resident Mission (MYRM) on relevant thematic issues and activities. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff, and will be stationed in Nay Pyi Taw.
- Supports MYRM management and the relevant International Staff in preparing the CPS, the annual COBP, and their performance review and evaluation as required; updating and monitoring CPA and concessional lending resource allocation to Myanmar; maintaining the country assistance pipeline database and tables; providing inputs to and coordinating for ADB-wide publications, documents, and briefing materials, such as the Annual Report, Fact Sheet, the annual meeting country brief, and work program and budget framework, among others.
- Monitors loan and technical assistance (TA) processing status and provides regular updates to MYRM management and to SERD Front Office; and dialogues and coordinates with government's ministries/agencies, development partners and relevant stakeholders in support of ADB programs in Myanmar.
- Supports team leaders and members in loan and TA project processing to ensure timely completion of all necessary milestones on ADB and the government sides.
- Supports all ADB-led regional cooperation programs involving Myanmar, particularly the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) programs; assists in preparing and updating regional cooperation strategies and programs, their integration into ADB's Myanmar program; assists in identifying and developing potential new regional cooperation initiatives; organizes and assists in the logistics and other arrangements for in-country consultations, capacity building workshops and conferences related to regional cooperation programs; and acts as coordinator to support the senior country economist on trade-related activities and other similar initiatives.
- Supervises and monitors the production of knowledge products, and in coordination with the External Relations Officer; disseminates these to a wide range of stakeholders; and develops and contributes to outreach and dissemination activities.
- Contributes to MYRM portfolio management as well as processing and administering selective loan and TA projects assigned to MYRM.
- Supports other ADB-wide activities of cross-cutting nature as assigned, such as in results monitoring, program evaluation and capacity building; and reviews ADB documents, including loan and TA documents, and undertakes administrative tasks as requested.
- Performs other duties as reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Myanmar.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.