Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Bangladesh Resident Mission (BRM) within the South Asia Department.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The program analyst provides statistical and analytical support to the functions of portfolio management. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and and/or senior National Staff.
- Contributes to preparation of Project and/or Facility Administration Manuals and Grant Implementation Manuals by consolidating data and information for appendixes, drafting project description and scope, project cost and financing plan, procurement plan, selection procedures and terms of reference for the consulting services, design and monitoring framework, loan covenants, and others.
- Prepares initial inputs of information and data of loan, grant and TA projects for eOperations, including project description and scope, design and monitoring framework, and initial baseline projections for contract awards and disbursements.
- Undertakes activities connected with the initial operation and implementation of loan, grant and technical assistance (TA) projects, including monitoring and following up of loan/grant signing, TA letter signing, loan/grant effectivity, drafting necessary documents and correspondence related to such activities.
- Updates information and performance of assigned loan, grant and TA projects into eOperations quarterly or as necessary, including project description and scope, status of implementation, developments, major problems, and actions taken/proposed.
- Participates in the departmental and divisional portfolio review meetings when needed.
- Assists designated International Staff in applying rules and procedures, such as the Loan/Grant Regulations, Project Administration Instructions, loan/grant/TA disbursement handbooks, the financial management handbook.
- Assists designated International Staff in preparing annual project administration plans, including mission plans, identification of issues to be addressed, and in preparing revised projections for contract awards and disbursements.
- Maintains records needed to monitor compliance with loan/grant covenants, following up outstanding obligations of executing agencies (EA) such as the submission of monthly and/or quarterly progress reports, safeguard compliance reports, and benefit monitoring and evaluation reports, and inputting data on the status of such compliance in e-Operations.
- Participates in various missions as required such as inception, review, mid-term review and project completion missions by providing assistance in collecting data on contract awards and disbursements, reconciliation of project accounts, compliance with loan covenants, and familiarizing executing agencies with ADB's policies and procedures and assisting them where necessary in the preparation of various reports and disbursement applications.
- Administers all activities necessary to process disbursement claims by reviewing withdrawal applications, following-up submission, preparing required correspondence and re-estimating project costs and ADB's commitments and financing percentages.
- Compiles data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements for the assigned projects and assists in monitoring and analyzing the actual contract awards and disbursements against targets to identify shortfalls and underlying causes, following-up with the executing agencies, and identifying needed actions to meet projections.
- Assists in reviewing requests for changes and/or reallocation of loan, grant and TA proceeds, and in drafting requisite memos for approval.
- Reconciles project accounts and monitors disbursement status, imprest accounts as well as creation and closing of accounts.
- Monitors EAs' submission of audited financial statements and/or project accounts and assists in reviewing the submitted audit reports.
- Familiarizes staff of EAs with the ADB's loan/grant/TA disbursement guidelines and procedures.
- Updates project data in ADB applications, such as Mainframe and e-operations, and prepare various reports on projects' financial status as required by the Department and Management.
- Contributes to the review of various procurement documents, for example, prequalification documents, bid evaluation reports, contract awards-related documents/reports such as Project Contract Summary Sheet or Project Contract Update Sheet, and assists in drafting various papers (for example, procurement papers for award of contracts), and correspondences as required.
- Assists designated International Staff in recruiting consultants in preparing shortlists, request for proposals, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations, and contract signing. Also assists in issuing contract variations for consultants' contracts.
- Updates the Consultant Recruitment Activity Monitoring System and the Procurement Contract Monitoring System to support monitoring of the progress of consultant recruitment and procurement.
- Assists in monitoring submission of TA consultants' final billings and TA completion for timely closure of TA accounts.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferably relating to project financial management and administration
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Good computer skills with sound knowledge of commonly used application software
- Good knowledge of processing and project administration activities.
- Good understanding of the interactions between different work areas and relevant workflows and their purposes.
- Able to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Able to maintain composure under pressure
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Bangladesh.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.