This is a 3-year special fixed-term appointment. At the end of the period, the appointment may, at the option of ADB, be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period or allowed to lapse. A special fixed-term appointment will automatically and without prior notice expire at the end of the original or extended term. If the successful candidate is an ADB staff member holding a regular appointment, his/her regular appointment will be converted to a special fixed-term appointment.
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the PRC Resident Mission (PRCM) within the East Asia Department (EARD). The ADB-PRC Resident Mission (PRCM) was established to assist its Headquarters in the implementation of projects and programs, in project processing, country programming, and economic and sector work. It also coordinates ADB's activities with other resident diplomatic and donor missions, NGOs, academic institutions, local think tanks, private sector and other members of the civil society.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Assistant will need to perform full range of administrative functions for the assigned supervisors, including organizing and maintaining records, contact with the public, preparing correspondence and reports, assistance for visiting ADB missions and other appropriate functions as required. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
• Ensures that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are correctly typed, prepared and submitted on time in compliance with ADB standard.
• Ensures all the incoming mails are logged, properly distributed and brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that outgoing mails/faxes are delivered on time.
• Provides efficient administrative services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from internal/external calls to ensure they are referred in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
• Ensures the effective coordination of supervisor's schedules by maintaining their diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by supervisors in accordance with ADB procedures.
• Ensures that the office filling systems and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
• Performs any other duties as may be required, such as retrieving files/documents for preparation of reports, preparing tables and charts for reports, assisting ADB visiting missions, and other routine office administrative functions.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 5 years of relevant experience, preferably has some experience in an international organization
• Good typing skills; good knowledge of stenography preferred but not necessary
• Good computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in ADB or computer systems commonly used in multilateral organizations
• Able to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
• Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
• Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
• Good oral and written communication skills in English
• Able to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds; good interpersonal and communication skills and able to maintain composure under pressure
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of the PRC.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.