1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC: "Improving awareness for Energy Efficiency in Central Asia."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:CWEN is looking for an intern to assist in the implementation of the new CAREC Energy Strategy 2030, specifically the actions aimed at improving energy efficiency in Central Asia.
Central Asia remains one of the most energy intense regions worldwide. Hence, the new CAREC Energy Strategy identifies Energy Efficiency as a key driver for the region to stay ahead of the curve in the global fight against climate change. To start implementation of the 2030 work plan, we seek support from a qualified intern to prepare the launch of the priority actions on energy efficiency.
The intern will be working as part of CWEN's CAREC team and help design public awareness campaigns for energy efficiency in Central Asia and other initiatives that will raise visibility of this subject such as regional flagship events and possibly the development of a regional energy-efficiency-score-card.
Given the strategy's aim to involve more women and young professionals in shaping the future of the region, the intern will also be tasked to help establish a regional network for young energy professionals and design programs fostering women in energy.
Benefits for the candidate:The internship at CWEN will provide the candidate an excellent opportunity to be exposed to the entire Central and West Asia region and work on strategic game changers for the region's energy sector.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 16 weeks
- Timing: January 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- The intern will contribute to the development of a concept for energy efficiency awareness campaigns in Central Asia.
- Assistance in designing other relevant work plan actions to increase energy efficiency in Central Asia will be delivered.
- Support for the establishment of a young energy professionals network in Central Asia.
- Support for the design of women empowerment programs in the energy sector.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program with specialization in Energy or Environmental Studies, Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy and/or related field to complete the assignment.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven academic background in the field of energy and/or energy efficiency
- Previous internships or voluntary work in the energy sector is a plus
- Excellent English communication and writing skills
- Experience as a member or leader in a student organization or other interest group or network.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).