1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:"Applied Data Analytics for Treasury Operations."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:a. Identify, clean and rationalize data collection in a context of evolving source systemsb. Build a comprehensive set of indicators or KPIs for Treasury Operations activities using identified and/or available data.c. Help create activity dashboards, distributed across variety of output channels or devices.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 16-24 weeks
- Timing: February/March 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:- Design and customize visuals (dashboards, story board, reports, etc.) adapted for various levels of management.- Recommendations on data sourcing, regression analysis to better align internal KPIs.- Inputs on enhancing existing management or operational reporting.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:- Currently enrolled in a Master's or PhD degree in Computer sciences, Applied Statistics and/or Mathematics.- Good command of/exposure to application development, Python.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:- Proven interest, skills or certifications in Analytics or data sciences or data visualization.- Knowledge or experience using any Statistics or Business Intelligence tools (SAS, SAP Business Object, Power BI, Tableau Software, or similar).- Capital Markets experience (preferably in operations) would be a plus.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).