1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:"Quantitative Analysis in Risk and Capital Management."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Work on updating quantitative models and methods for credit risk measurement, including loan loss provisioning, and stress testing.
- Perform mathematical and statistical modeling for parameter analysis and/or model validation.
- Obtain and query large amounts of internal and external data (empirical-statistical analysis).
- Prepare reports and presentations on model/methodology changes for internal stakeholders.
- Closely collaborate with the Division's team members.
The internship will provide the chance to be involved in actual process of upgrading and improving of credit models and methodologies of an MDB. The intern will be able to contribute important ideas and analysis, which will make a genuine impact on ADB's operations and will get a real insight into the skills and behaviors required for building a successful credit risk career.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8-12 weeks
- Timing: January 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- Final report/presentation on the actual findings and contributions to the Division's activities.
- Any other outputs required by academic curriculum of the Intern.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently working towards MS/PhD Degree in Finance/Economics.
- At least 4-6 completed semesters of a university-level degree in a quantitative/numerical area (Mathematics, Computer Science, Econometrics etc.).
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Practical experience with real-world data analysis and mathematical/statistical modelling.
- Strong technical skills.
- Knowledge of finance and banking (at least to a basic level).
- Experience with programming languages/statistical application packages e.g. R, Matlab, SQ, SAS, SPSS.
- Good written documentation skills and conceptual thinking.
- A highly motivated and flexible team player with an independent working style.
- Fluency in English.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).