1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:"Implementation of a Data Governance Framework and a new data platform."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:The candidate assists and supports the development, quality assurance and implementation of a new data platform.
- Review and maintain the inventory of the Critical Data Elements.
- Review the defined data management standards and processes.
- Participate in the implementation of the Master Data Management tool.
- Participate in the implementation of the new Data Warehouse.
- Participate in the migration of the existing reports and dashboards to the new data platform.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 10-26 weeks
- Timing: January 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- The intern improved understanding and gained hands on experience in:
o Data Governance o Data management o Business Intelligence o Data Science
- Documented work performed, observations and lessons learned via journal OR a proposed improvement.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program with specialization in Advanced Engineering or Science degrees in the fields of Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics, and other relevant fields.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:Exposure to data management and warehousing.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).