1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:"Catalyzing emerging digital technologies."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Assists in testing and experimenting digital emerging technologies in a safe environment.
- Review and analyze impact and benefits.
- Benchmark best practices against other IFIs, in terms of the latest trends in the digital arena.
- Join meetings and exchange ideas towards design thinking.
- Helps in collecting demands for digital innovation from different departments and seek to match these with emerging digital technologies.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 26 weeks
- Timing: January 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- The intern improved understanding and gained hands on experience emerging technologies and/or digital innovation.
- Participation in a digital innovation project.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering and other relevant fields. Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in data science or business administration is preferred.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Exposure to emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, robotics, and big data.
- Experience in product development and marketing is desirable.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).