Close relatives (spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle) of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply. Applications received in response to previous posting will be considered together with applications received in response to this advertisement.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Information Access Unit (IAU), Office of the Secretary (SEC). IAU is responsible for providing information services including editing, Board document circulation, disclosure management, and information classification. SEC is responsible for providing strategic and operational support to the ADB, the Board of Governors and the Board of Directors.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Secretariat Assistant provides administrative support to the functions of IAU, OSEC. The incumbent reports to designated International Staff.
- Validate documents submitted for circulation to the Board to ensure that they meet ADB requirements and standards
- Liaise with staff on necessary corrections to Board documents
- Support the timely distribution of Board documents
- Update and maintain the electronic database of Board documents
- Update and maintain Board cover memo templates on the SEC website for staff guidance
- Ensure the office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval
- Assist designated International Staff and serve as back-up to other Secretariat Assistants in their absence, as required
- Provide support to the management of events, including the organization of the Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors
- Provide administrative support to Board Committee meetings
- Support the department's knowledge management activities, and other projects and initiatives assigned by the Advisor, SEC and Head, IAU
Relevant Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent proofreading skills, and high concern for accuracy and detail
- Proficient in MS Office applications, and familiarity with computer systems used in ADB
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively within teams as constructive team member. Ability to liaise with individuals from different cultural backgrounds throughout ADB
- Ability to respond to client demands with a combination of tact and firmness. Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Able to interface effectively and diplomatically with SEC clients and other ADB departments
Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 4
General ConsiderationsThe selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.