IMPORTANT INFORMATIONClose relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB. 1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
OverviewAsian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of the Director General (SPOD), within the Strategy, Policy and Partnerships Department (SPD). SPD provides ADB with strategic planning perspectives and direction, ensures policy and operations coordination, develops policies and business processes for sovereign and nonsovereign operations, including quality review of selected project documents, supports allocation and monitoring of operational resources, manages the implementation of development results and effectiveness, and leads the establishment and management of strategic partnerships with official and other concessional partners. SPD also has direct oversight functions for the three Representative Offices in Frankfurt, Tokyo and Washington D.C. SPOD supports Director General, SPD in the management of the department.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Strategy and Policy Assistant performs a full range of secretarial duties. The position supports the coordination of administrative activities of the department, assists in the arrangements for institutional meetings such as interagency partnership meetings, informal board seminars, board meetings and management meetings. Assists in the preparation and finalization of memo, reports and technical papers produced by the department. Supports preparation of briefing and mission folders to support senior management, as required. The incumbent will report to designated international staff.
- Calendar and travel. Coordinates supervisors' schedules effectively by maintaining diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel, and accommodation as specified by the supervisor and in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Communications and writing
- Ensures that all correspondence and documents for the supervisor are prepared according to ADB's standards, including editing as appropriate.
- Supports the preparation of reports and technical papers.
- Independently composes and sends out routine letters. Drafts correspondence for signature of supervisors.
- Ensures that all incoming mail and documents are logged, properly distributed, and promptly brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that outgoing mails/faxes are delivered on time.
- Proofreads incoming documents for signature and reviews format in compliance with ADB's style and usage.
- Reception. Provides efficient reception services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
- Filing and document tracking. Manages SPD's central file room and ensue that office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated according to the existing framework for easy retrieval. Tracks the flow of documents with the use of database for effective monitoring to meet deadlines.
- Supplies and equipment. Maintains adequate stocks of office supplies as required; coordinates equipment inventory, allocation, and requirements for the office.
- Attendance monitoring. Acts as coordinator of the leave administration system for attendance monitoring.
- Report preparation. Collects, compiles, and analyzes relevant information and data related to the office/department to produce routine and/or ad hoc reports as instructed.
- Assists other administrative staff on the application/interpretation of work area procedures, guidelines and formats.
- Coordinates arrangements for various activities, including meetings, and assist in the organization of interagency partnership meetings and Board meetings.
- Relieves Executive Assistants and other Senior Administrative Assistants as directed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the area of secretarial and administrative services
Good working knowledge of relevant procedures, formats, and standards; knowledge of ADB's Handbook of Style and Usage is an advantage
Proficient in Office 365 applications and systems is preferred
Good coordination and interpersonal skills
Ability to coordinate distribution of tasks among other administrative assistants
Ability to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
Ability to work with individuals from different cultural and national backgrounds
Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
Ability to exercise judgment on matters of confidentiality and those requiring urgent attention
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS5
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.