Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB. 1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date.
Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Regional Cooperation and Operations Coordination Division (SARC) within the South Asia Department (SARD). SARD is responsible for providing leadership innovation, lending, project implementation and knowledge sharing for ADB's sector and thematic work that covers operations in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. SARC is responsible for (i) coordinating regional cooperation and integration (RCI) operations in SARD; (ii) delivering operationally-relevant analytical studies on relevant and contemporary development issues in SARD countries ; (iii) planning, preparing, and implementing technical assistance projects and selected projects on RCI and other multi-sector thematic areas, such as economic corridor development, trade facilitation, and logistics; (iv) coordinating knowledge management in SARD; (v) serving as focal point for ADB operations in Maldives; and (vi) supporting headquarters—resident mission (RM) liaison for SARD RMs.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
To provide technical and operational support in regional cooperation and integration (RCI) initiatives, knowledge management (KM) work, and coordination of ADB operations in Maldives. The incumbent will report to Director, SARC or designated International Staff.
- Supports the activities under the various RCI initiatives in South Asia. This will include:
o preparation of background papers for RCI meetings and conferenceo support for the organization of RCI seminars, conferences, including budget preparation, meeting documentations, and other logistical arrangementso support for the processing of RETAs to support RCI initiatives in the departmento handling of administration-related tasks of RETAs by analyzing budgets, contracts, progress reports, disbursement, etc.; drafting internal and external correspondences, such as memos for requests for supplementary financing, RETA extension, letters of agreement, and government concurrences; administering consultants' contracts and contract variations; processing RETA financial closing and completion reports; and monitoring and uploading of relevant documents to the DMS
- Contributes to and supports the development of knowledge partnership strategies and operationalization of knowledge partnerships with development partners;
- Assists in preparation of knowledge products and events in SARD, including the South Asia Seminar Series, South Asia Working Papers, and the South Asia Operational Knowledge Series;
- Assists in the implementation of technical assistance project(s) on knowledge management in the Division;
- Supports the various consultancies on KM work in the Division, including coordinating the work of all KM-related consultants to ensure that it is in alignment with their terms of reference;
- Carries other tasks as may be needed to ensure that KM work across the Division and the Department is carried out effectively and on schedule; and
- Coordinates with other SARD business units and other relevant departments/offices in ADB to ensure effective programming and projects monitoring of ADB operations in Maldives.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree, including studies in Economics, Statistics or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, including project administration and coordination.
- Working knowledge of policies and practices of bilateral donors, multilateral institutions and other international organizations.
- Understanding of business processes and familiarity with operational strategies and procedures of a multilateral organization.
- Working knowledge and understanding of financial accounting concepts and methodologies.
- Database management skills and knowledge of other IT solutions and applications used in a multilateral organization.
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing the data, and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for level AS7.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of the Philippines.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.