Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Division (EAER) in the East Asia Regional Department (EARD). EAER provides lending and non-lending assistance in agricultural and rural development, and environmental protection and natural resources management. Under agricultural and rural development, EAER specifically operates in (i) sustainable agricultural production and market development; (ii) rural renewable energy development; and (iii) agricultural infrastructure (e.g., irrigation, drainage, and access roads) development and management. Under environmental protection and natural resources management, EAER operates in (i) policy, institutional, and technology development of environmental management (e.g., waste and wastewater management, soil contamination control, emission trading, and payment for environmental services); (ii) natural resources management (e.g., forestry development, integrated water resource management, wetland and/or lakes conservation, and biodiversity and ecosystem management); and (iii) natural disaster risk management. EAER also assists in developing projects for climate change adaptation and mitigation; and incorporating feasible adaptation and mitigation measures (e.g., greenhouse gas reduction, carbon sequestration, and land degradation improvement) in its operation. EAER also provides policy support and assistance in knowledge development and sharing using its vast knowledge accumulated through its operation.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Project Analyst will provide administrative and analytical support to the functions of portfolio management and project administration in general. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Contributes to the preparation of Project Administration Manual by gathering and consolidating data in the appendices, and preparing draft on various sections, including project description, scope, cost, loan allocation, procurement and loan covenants.
- Prepares and updates individual records of assigned projects in oracle-based eOperations for loans outlining all the required details such as project description, scope, status of implementation, developments, major problems, actions taken/proposed, etc.
- Compiles data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements for the assigned projects for the generation of various reports required by the Department and Management.
- Monitors and analyzes the actual awards and disbursements against targets to identify shortfalls and their underlying causes and follows up these matters with the executing agencies (EAs).
- Participates in various missions as required such as inception, review, mid-term mission and project completion report missions by providing independent support in collecting data on contract awards and disbursements, reconciliation of project accounts, compliance with loan covenants, familiarizing EAs with ADB's operations procedures, and assisting the EAs where necessary in the preparation of various reports and applications.
- Reviews withdrawal applications. Prepares/reviews data input for Procurement Contract Summary Sheet (PCSS) to update the Loan Financial Information System (LFIS).
- Reviews bidding documents for procurement of goods and services, and submission of documents on recruitment of consultant, and ensures compliance with ADB guidelines and policies. Reviews EAs submissions of evaluation reports and recommendations for contract awards.
- Assists in collecting and summarizing data for the preparation of reports as required by PPFD, CTL, EAOD, SDCC, SPD, etc. including status of ongoing projects under processing and administration, staff assignments, work plan, list of loans and TA projects for closing, project completion reports, annual projected contract awards and disbursements, etc.
- Assists in project processing including preparation of design of project implementation arrangements, including procurement and disbursement procedures.
- Assists in project processing tasks of the division by contributing to the preparation of the status report of projects in the pipeline; coordinating with team leaders in determining the project work plan, proposed missions and projected milestones; and regularly updating the project information, actual and projected milestones in the eOperations, ensuring that the target dates are timely met for approval of the project.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional of work experience in project-related work, multiple sector work, administrative systems and procedures
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6-7.
The selected candidate is appointed for regular position.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.