Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
This is a special fixed-term appointment for a period of three (3) years following Section 3.1 (c) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment”). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. It may be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period at the option of ADB, if the position continues to be required under the Digital Agenda 2030. This appointment is open to internal and external applicants.
If the successful candidate is an ADB staff member holding a regular appointment, his/her regular appointment will be converted to a special fixed-term appointment. A special fixed-term appointment will automatically and without prior notice expire at the end of the term.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 member countries.
The position is assigned in the IT Security and Risk Management Unit (OIOD-SR) within the Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST). OIST enables ADB's IT transformational projects and operations required for the Bank's activities and knowledge exchange. The office delivers IT services and solutions, provides tools and knowledge platforms, and supports ADB's endeavors to leverage the optimal use of information and communication technology in developing member countries. OIOD-SR sets the Information Security standards, policies, incident management and Business Continuity approaches for Technology within ADB. The unit also monitors compliance with the standards and policies within OIST.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The position requires a detailed understanding of information security, and the ability to understand business issues and processes and to apply necessary IT security tools and protection for them. The IT Officer (Information Security) will report to the designated International Staff and may supervise junior national staff, administrative staff and contractors.
- Contribute on delivering innovation in the area of IT security solutions, automation and orchestration through OIST's Digital Agenda initiative.
- Contribute on gathering requirements, perform proof-of-concepts (PoCs), as well as the implementation and operationalization of new IT security solutions to mitigate constantly evolving cyber risks.
- Facilitate collaboration through knowledge sharing across teams.
- Facilitate transition of new IT security solutions to Technical Security team for normal business operations.
- Review and recommend enhancements on configuration and setup of current security tools.
- Contribute in maximizing coordinating with OIST teams, external vendors for support in resolving security issues arising from incidents or vulnerability scans as well as product specific issues in relation to the IT security infrastructure.
- Facilitate integration and automation of patch and vulnerability compliance tools to ITSM solution.
- Perform Infrastructure and Web Application vulnerability scan configuration and assessment.
- Coordinate with OIST teams, external vendors for support in resolving security issues arising from incidents or vulnerability scans as well as product specific issues in relation to the IT security infrastructure.
- And other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or relevant fields or extensive relevant experience
- Professional certifications including but not limited to CEH, CISSP, Network, Security+, Microsoft Certified Professional, Cloud Virtualization related certifications would be preferred.
- Has at least 8 years of IT security, IT compliance, or technology operations related experience.
- Hands on knowledge and experience in computer networks, systems, and/or web applications would be highly regarded.
- Knowledge and experience on various OS and network platforms - Windows workstation and servers, virtualization, Windows security logging, Linux, Firewalls and network devices, databases.
- Broad range of knowledge of Information and Communications Technology as applied in an enterprise environment.
- Very attentive to details and methodical with work.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to operate in a matrixed environment.
- Should have ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Should be able to motivate or inspire a good work ethics among IT security analysts
- Should be able to anticipate security risks, issues or incidents, provide recommendations to the supervisor on addressing those issues, or address the less complex ones.
- Please refer to the link for the ADB Competency Framework for NS2.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.