Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB. 1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned to the Office of the Director General within the Pacific Department (PARD). PARD manages overall client relationships, processing and implementation of assistance to the 14 Pacific developing member countries.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Institutional Coordination Officer provides support to the Pacific Department's Regional Management Team (RMT) in the institutional and administrative aspects of operations. Provide support to the coordination role on institutional issues with respect to planning and monitoring utilization of the department's human and financial resources and review of human resources support systems and procedures for the efficient management of the department. The incumbent reports to the Director General, PARD and may supervise administrative staff.
- Contribute to the preparation of department's inputs for results reporting such as the human resources aspect of the work program and budget framework
- Assist in the coordination of individual work plans and related performance monitoring activities such as the midyear review exercise
- Coordinate with BPMSD on strategic and operational aspects of human resources
- Assist in coordinating the implementation of human resources initiatives in the department, including gender agreement, rewards and recognition, work plan preparation, annual performance review, and staff engagement survey
- Provide support in monitoring the department's staff resources against level complement allocation; advise on actions needed to comply with level complement allocation; review proposals for staff promotion, recruitment, and movement and compliance with HR management guidelines
- Monitor and advise the department's management on staff participation in learning and development programs
- Contribute to the review of internal processes and guidelines to ensure quality in the department's outputs
- Represent the department in regular meetings of institutional coordination network and assist with meeting facilitation
- Support the development of department systems and procedures for intra-departmental sharing of ADB-wide information on various activities, including repository of key department information. Coordinates the implementation of ADB-wide HR policies, strategies and procedures.
- Supports relationship management and coordination with staff from within and outside the Department.
- Leads the preparation of the department's annual budget submission by consulting with the department's regional management team (RMT), through in-depth analysis, consolidation and synthesis of divisional inputs; monitors departmental budget utilization including preparation and review of the mid-year budget requirements.
- Independently monitors and analyzes the budget allocation within the Department by consolidating the work program and matching resource requirements of the Department's sector divisions and Resident Missions (RMs) to planned deliverables. Provides analytical support in preparing background materials for the Budget Review Committee.
- Oversees the collection, verification and updating of information and statistical data on the utilization of departmental budget on business travel, staff consultants, and discretionary expenses to ensure that expenditures are properly accounted for and that deviations from forecasts are justified. Recommends budget reallocation for staff consultants and business travel based on divisional work requirements and departmental work programs.
- Oversees and provides support for the department's office space requirements and allocations.
- Performs other tasks as and when assigned, and as reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master's Degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration, Finance, or related fields; or university degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related fields;
- At least 10 years' relevant experience and knowledge in institutional coordination, and related areas
- Thorough understanding of ADB's policies and procedures for HR management, and learning and development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff level 3-4.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.