Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB. 1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members..
The position is assigned in the Solutions Delivery Divisions (OISD) within the Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST). OIST enables ADB's IT transformational projects and operations required for the Bank's activities and knowledge exchange. The office delivers IT services and solutions, provides tools and knowledge platforms, and supports ADB's endeavors to leverage the optimal use of information and communication technology in developing member countries.
OISD is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the software applications used by ADB. The division provides governance of applications and data architectures for ADB and oversees the quality and testing of enhancements/upgrades to the Bank's applications.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
Responsible for the implementation, support and maintenance of ERP Procurement systems of the ADB. Responsible for leading and developing a team for support, maintenance and enhancements of assigned systems and to act as Subject Matter Expert in current and future projects of the IT department.
The incumbent will report to designated senior National Staff and International Staff.
- Takes charge of user requirement analysis of medium to large and complex application systems in full or in part as assigned (hereunder referred to as assigned application systems) and integrates user requirements identified through the analysis in the form of overall application systems design, data models, functional specifications and development/implementation plans.
- Works with business process owners on assigned application systems on release scope and schedules.
- Conducts and supervises preparation of detailed system design and program specifications for assigned application systems, to meet user requirements identified, and to efficiently interface with related application systems.
- Schedules programmer and analyst resources allocated for assigned application systems, to ensure timely completion of systems, taking on the most difficult programming tasks when necessary.
- Ensures that programs are accurately coded and tested in accordance with system/program specifications and fully documented in accordance with ADB's standards and methods.
- Develops and implements application testing plans and procedures for assigned application systems, including development of test databases, and review results.
- Plans and implements required system conversion and parallel operations of assigned application systems; and takes charge of implementation of the systems after preparation of users and operators manuals and conduct of user training through the use thereof.
- Plans and implements required system enhancement and maintenance of assigned application systems to ensure continued application efficiency and database integrity.
- Ensures that assigned application systems are developed and maintained in adherence to ADB's standards and methods, including requirements for comprehensive systems documentation to be produced at different stages of the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Supervises the work of staff assigned to application systems; and provides guidance and training to them.
- Assigns work to outsourcing contractors and closely monitors progress and performance of contractors.
- Coordinates with OIST technical support areas to ensure correct and efficient operations of assigned application systems.
- Regularly submits reports on progress status including problems encountered and resource requirements of assigned application systems.
- Manages issues, enhancement and Helpdesk calls in their respective functional areas.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration, Accounting, Mathematics, Engineering, or related areas; preferably with advanced training.
- At least 6 years' experience in development, implementation, and support of Oracle ERP; preferably 3 years' experience in application systems development/implementation projects and releases similar to ADB's and 2 years' experience in the implementation of Coupa Business Spend Management (BSM) with Oracle ERP integration.
- Excellent functional/business knowledge of Procure to Pay modules: Oracle Purchasing, Oracle Financials and Coupa BSM with a good knowledge of Oracle ERP integration.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all application activities related to system upgrades and new product implementations, from business requirements definition through solution implementation.
- Ability to research and resolve functional issues primarily around Coupa BSM and Oracle ERP modules. Involvement in upgrade cycles of Coupa BSM and Oracle ERP Release 12.1.3 or above.
- Track record of providing innovative system solutions to business problems in Spend Management and Financials, minimizing customizations. Demonstrated ability to use standard system functionality to meet complex business requirements.
- Can configure application based on ADB's business requirements. Excellent ability in system analysis and design and in preparation of functional and detailed specifications.
- Ability to conduct Spend Management Training classes for Business Users
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with users and provide analysis, design, testing of solutions in Coupa and Oracle ERP.
- Technical knowledge across Coupa BSM, Oracle ERP, including Java, OA Framework and strong knowledge in middleware-based integration would be an advantage.
- Committed to producing quality outputs and performance targets, both individually and as a team member.
- Good interpersonal skills; strong team player, hard worker and self-starter and not intimidated by new technology. Excellent at communicating, interacting and cooperating with others to ensure that all aspects of a task are addressed. Excellent project management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Please refer to the link for the ADB Competency Framework for NS1.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.