Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Transaction Support Division (PSTS) within the Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD). PSTS is responsible for providing timely and effective business support to line-level PSOD staff and is composed of three (3) teams: 1) development effectiveness; 2) integrity due diligence and technical assistance; and 3) safeguards. PSOD provides investment capital to private sector entrepreneurs, corporates and project sponsors, as well as financial intermediaries, such as banks, throughout developing Asia. It catalyzes, structures, and funds investments in privately held and state-sponsored companies across a wide range of industry sectors. Its emphasis is on commercially viable transactions that generate financial returns while also delivering on ADB's organization-wide mission to promote environmentally sustainable and inclusive economic growth. To learn more about PSOD, watch the video on “Working with ADB on Private Sector Financing”.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Results Management Specialist (Development Effectiveness) is part of the Development Effectiveness Team and provides high-quality support to PSOD to ensure satisfactory development outcomes of ADB's private sector operations, works with PSOD deal teams in quality assurance and provide solutions on the identification, measurement and monitoring of development effectiveness of private sector transactions in accordance with ADB's new ex-ante development impact framework. The incumbent will report to Director, PSTS and may supervise national staff and administrative staff.
- Supports the piloting and implementation of the new ex-ante development impact framework for PSOD.
- Provides support to project teams in the identification, preparation, monitoring and evaluation of PSOD projects, consistent with ADB policies, strategies, and guidelines.
- Provides robust feedback and views on the soundness of development effectiveness of private sector operations and assist project teams in presenting such material to stakeholders and clients, both internal and external.
- Assists PSOD in maintaining appropriate standards of quality in identifying and monitoring of development effectiveness (development impact, outcome and outputs) in the preparation of the design and monitoring frameworks (DMF) and help enhance PSOD's ability to better articulate its development impact and additionality narratives.
- Works with portfolio teams to ensure consistent understanding and application of standard impact measurement and monitoring frameworks and methods, in accordance with ADB policies, strategies and guidelines.
- Assists in the development of guidelines and training material for project teams and management on the new ex-ante development impact framework.
- Ensures the effective implementation and dissemination of development results. Participates in the implementation of knowledge and communication products focused on development effectiveness.
- Monitors data quality and strengthen and improves quality where necessary.
- Performs other tasks as requested by PSOD management.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master's degree in economics, finance, public policy, development, business administration or other relevant fields
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in project management or monitoring and evaluation of development projects in sectors (i.e. energy, transport, financial services, agribusiness, health and education) as well as exposure to the full project cycle (i.e., origination, preparation, supervision and evaluation), with a specific focus on private sector operations.
- Experience in economic cost-benefit analysis, and/ or project evaluation, and/ or familiarity with ex-ante development impact frameworks is a plus.
- Understanding of the private sector operational work or experience in similar multilateral institution, with proven success in developing client relationships and supporting high quality investment projects.
- International experience working in development in several countries, preferably in Asia and the Pacific region.
- Proven ability to work in teams and capability to work in multi-cultural environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Levels IS3 to IS4.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.