Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of the Director General (SEOD) within the Southeast Asia Department (SERD). The department covers operations in Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, the Lao People's Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Viet Nam. SEOD provides overall support to the SERD management in terms of programming, portfolio management, results monitoring, and implementation of ADB's long-term strategic framework to deliver projects that create economic and development impact in the region.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Assistant will perform full secretarial duties for international staff and help coordinate and implement activities for the Knowledge and Innovation Team. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
• Ensures that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are prepared in compliance with ADB's standards, and properly logged and distributed to the concerned staff.
• Provides efficient administrative services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
• Ensures the effective coordination of supervisor's schedule by maintaining diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisors and in accordance with ADB procedures.
• Assists in project processing by ensuring all documents are processed following existing procedures and guidelines, coordinating review of project documents with relevant units in a timely manner, and monitoring processing timelines to meet planned approval dates.
• Ensures that office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated for easy retrieval and track the flow of documents with the use of database for effective monitoring to meet deadlines.
• Assist in knowledge management initiatives including coordinating the conduct of after-action reviews, consolidating knowledge products and services pipeline for the department, maintaining the SharePoint hub site, and facilitating the approval and endorsement of knowledge products for publication.
• Provides support to project implementation teams in administration of loan/TA projects by maintaining the filing system of project documents and coordinating submission of project documents with relevant processing departments in a timely manner.
• Liaises closely with knowledge and SharePoint focal points within the department to facilitate smooth processing of any publication and knowledge sharing activities.
• clearances and other development partner coordination activities.
• Relieves other Operations Assistants when they are absent.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in communication, economics, finance, or related fields
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience; familiarity in the operations of multilateral development banks is an advantage
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to multitask and exposure on knowledge management activities is an advantage
• Good document typing and editing skills. Good memo composition and editing skills.
• Advanced computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets, graphics software, and website create and maintenance
• Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location.
• Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop rapport internally and externally in a multilateral environment.
• Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff 4.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.