Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Indonesia.
This is a special fixed-term appointment for a period of three (3) years following Section 3.1 (c.) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment'). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. It may be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period at the option of ADB. This appointment is open to internal and external applicants.
If the successful candidate is an ADB staff member holding a regular appointment, his/her regular appointment will be converted to a special fixed-term appointment. A special fixed-term appointment will automatically and without prior notice expire at the end of the term.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Indonesia Resident Mission (IRM) within the Southeast Asia Department (SERD). SERD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the Southeast Asian region. IRM supports country partnership and strategy (CPS), policy dialogue and client relationship, business development, knowledge management, project quality assurance, sector analytic work, and loan and technical assistance processing and administration in Indonesia.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Assistant will perform full secretarial duties for international staff and help coordinate administrative activities for the assigned unit. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and Senior National Staff.
• Ensures that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are prepared in compliance with ADB's standards, and properly logged and distributed to the concerned staff.
• Provides efficient administrative services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
• Ensures the effective coordination of supervisor's schedule by maintaining diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisors and in accordance with ADB procedures.
• Assists in project processing by ensuring all documents are processed following existing procedures and guidelines, coordinating review of project documents with relevant units in a timely manner, and monitoring processing timelines to meet planned approval dates.
• Ensures that office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated for easy retrieval and track the flow of documents with the use of database for effective monitoring to meet deadlines.
• Relieves other Operations Assistants when they are absent.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree.
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the area of secretarial administration services.
• Excellent computer skills, particularly use of MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook) and various computer systems and applications used generally in multilateral organizations.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner with ADB stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop rapport internally and externally in a multilateral environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
• Highly proficient in spoken and written English. Excellent editing skills.
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 4
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.