Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Institutional Services Division (OAIS), Logistics Management Unit (OAIS-LM) under the Office of Administrative Services (OAS).
OAS manages the building, office space facilities, and delivers over 70 diverse services essential for ADB's operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Principal Director (PD) and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
OAIS-LM is responsible for printing, mail and messenger, non-life corporate insurance, shipping, transport, and asset management.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Logistics Management Assistant (Mail & Messenger Services) will be responsible for contributing to the efficient operations of the ADB's mail, courier, airfreight, diplomatic pouch, and messenger services, including report preparation and administrative support. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Assists in planning and organizing efficient daily operation of the OAIS-LM Mail and Messenger Services
- Evaluates, coordinates and monitors activities and workflow to ensure accurate, timely and efficient delivery of services.
- Ensures that items for mailing and courier are properly sorted and handled and that requestors are aware of the most efficient mode of dispatch.
- Ensures all documents and parcels received and/or for dispatch are properly recorded and monitored in compliance with courier and mail procedures, and ensures accurate and timely distribution of all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Responsible for tracking the dispatch of all outgoing documents and parcels by mail and courier.
- Ensures accurate filing of all official documents and maintains an efficient filing system using the appropriate IT platforms.
- Educates staff/service providers in all facets of the mailroom operations and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of all documents, parcels, and diplomatic pouches to be shipped via accredited courier providers.
- Assists in the review of courier and freight rates with service providers and closely monitors the timely delivery of all dispatches.
- Assists in the daily supervision of messenger operations.
- Ensures an adequate manpower complement to carry out the various requirements for inter-office, postal, and external messenger services.
- Ensures the smooth operation of on-site service providers in compliance with ADB policies and procedures, and within service level agreements.
- Assists in the review of ADB policies, procedures and guidelines related to mail, courier and messenger services.
- Undertakes review of compliance data regarding courier procedures and keeps abreast of national and international postal and customs procedures and respective fees.
- Assists in the automation of mailroom processes and in the continuous evolution of work flows for efficiency improvements, i.e., determines suitability of software and/or office equipment.
- Provides training to staff and service providers on new technology, systems or software, as necessary.
- Reviews, analyzes and reports on services delivered.
- Contributes to the annual budget preparation including submission of midyear budget and related expenditure reports.
- Assists in the efficient monitoring of the budget.
- Assists in the checking and verification of invoices for payment.
- Ensures services in a cost-efficient and expedient manner to meet the needs of ADB.
- Initiates and implements cost efficiency measures in mailroom operations.
- Ensures that proper accounting procedures are maintained on postage utilization.
- Prepares the monthly status reports and other related documents.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or management
- At least 5 years of experience in the area of mail, courier, diplomatic pouch, messenger, and registry operations or logistics; progressively responsible experience in managing mailroom operations in a multinational organization setting preferably
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- Basic knowledge of ADB policies, guidelines and procedures in communication services; knowledge in ADB systems and procedures as they relate to administrative, financial rules and regulations, an advantage
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of standard computer applications (e.g., Microsoft outlook, email, word processing, excel, sharepoint, internet, etc.) and databases, and operation of mailroom equipment.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment and sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Additional training in postal, courier/freight operations, import/export and customs administration would be an advantage
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 4-5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.