Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Transport and Communications Division (PATC) within the Pacific Department. The department is in charge of managing client relationships with 14 Pacific developing member countries and PATC coordinates activities relating to infrastructure and policy reforms under the transport and communications sector.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Project Analyst provides statistical and analytical support to the functions of project processing and administration, and performs a full range of administrative, research, analytical, and project support duties including, but not limited to, preparing reports; organizing and maintaining records; assisting in workshops; supporting country programming; and supporting processing, administration, and monitoring of operational activities. The incumbent will report to the designated international staff and national staff.
- Assists designated International Staff in preparing annual project administration plans, including mission plans, identification of issues to be addressed, and in preparing revised projections for contract awards and disbursements.
- Maintains records needed to monitor compliance with loan/grant covenants, following up outstanding obligations of executing agencies (EA) such as the submission of monthly and/or quarterly progress reports, safeguard compliance reports, and benefit monitoring and evaluation reports, and inputting data on the status of such compliance in e-Operations.
- Participates in various missions as required such as inception, review, mid-term review and project completion missions.
- Participates in the departmental and divisional portfolio review meetings when needed.
- Contributes to preparation of Project and/or Facility Administration Manuals and Grant Implementation Manuals by consolidating data and information for appendixes, description and scope, project cost and financing plan, procurement plan, and terms of reference for the consulting services, design and monitoring framework, loan covenants, and others.
- Prepares initial inputs of information and data of loan, grant and TA projects for eOperations, including project description and scope, design and monitoring framework, and initial baseline projections for contract awards and disbursements.
- Undertakes activities connected with the initial operation and implementation of loan, grant and technical assistance (TA) projects, including monitoring and following up of loan/grant signing, TA letter signing, loan/grant effectivity, drafting necessary documents and correspondence related to such activities.
- Compiles data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements for the assigned projects and assists in monitoring and analyzing the actual contract awards and disbursements against targets to identify shortfalls and underlying causes, following-up with the executing agencies, and identifying needed actions to meet projections.
- Assists in reviewing requests for changes and/or reallocation of loan, grant and TA proceeds, and in drafting requisite memos for approval.
- Reconciles project accounts and monitors disbursement status, advance accounts as well as creation and closing of accounts.
- Contributes to the monitoring of EAs' submission of audited financial statements and/or progress reports and assists in reviewing the submitted audit reports.
- Familiarizes staff of EAs with the ADB's loan/grant/TA disbursement guidelines and procedures.
- Contributes to the review of various procurement documents, such as prequalification documents, bid evaluation reports, contract awards-related documents/reports such as Project Contract Summary Sheet or Project Contract Update Sheet.
- Assists designated International Staff in recruiting consultants in preparing shortlists, request for proposals, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations, and contract signing. Also assists in issuing contract variations for consultants' contracts.
- Updates the Consultant Recruitment Activity Monitoring System and the Procurement Contract Monitoring System to support monitoring of the progress of consultant recruitment and procurement.
- Assists in monitoring submission of TA consultants' final billings and TA completion for timely closure of TA accounts.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree preferably relating to project financial management and administration
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience; related experience in international agencies will be preferred
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6-7
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of the Philippines.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.