Senior Operations Assistant
Job Vacancy | Tuesday, October 12, 2021
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply. Applications received in response to previous posting will be considered together with applications received in response to this advertisement.
This vacancy is a local staff position with local remuneration package. It is open only to nationals of Nauru or permanent residents residing in the duty station, Nauru who are nationals of an ADB member country.
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
This is a special fixed-term appointment for a period of three (3) years. The duration may be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period at the option of Asian Development Bank (ADB) if the position continues to be required. A special fixed-term appointment will automatically and without prior notice expire at the end of the original or extended term.
This appointment is open to internal and external applicants. If the successful candidate is an ADB staff member holding a regular appointment, his/her regular appointment will be converted to a special fixed-term appointment.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The Senior Operations Assistant position is in the Pacific Country Office in Nauru (NAU PCO), within ADB’s Pacific Department (PARD). Senior Operations Assistant support PARD in managing its relationships with clients; in planning, processing, and implementing ADB’s projects and programs; and in building capacities and sharing knowledge.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Operations Assistant helps NAU PCO maintain client relationships, deliver assistance through ADB operations, and support office administration. The Senior Operations Assistant supports the management of relations with external and internal clients and consultations with external partners and relevant ADB departments. She or he helps execute the financial, budgetary, and administrative functions of the NAU PCO and provides assistance to teams and missions involved in ADB’s assistance programs, particularly in project processing and administration. The Senior Operations Assistant reports to the designated International Staff and Senior National Staff.
- Liaise closely with Executing Agencies and other relevant government offices to facilitate mission clearances and development partner coordination activities.
- Provide logistical support for ADB missions and project consultant visits.
- Support the financial, budgetary, and administrative functions of NAU PCO and respond to requests from ADB regional offices or ADB headquarters on these matters.
- Assist in programming, processing, and implementing ADB assistance.
- Assist in portfolio management. This includes undertaking data collection on the ADB portfolio in various sectors and preparing background papers for the Country Portfolio Review Mission.
- Monitor and report on ADB’s operations.
- Prepare and submit reports on the status and activities of NAU PCO.
- Organize and maintain office files, records, and documents related to the administration of NAU PCO and ADB assistance.
- Support project implementation teams in the administration of loan and technical assistance operations. Help monitor the physical progress in the implementation of these operations.
- Help in the procurement, award of contracts and the processing of withdrawal applications. Help follow up on the submission of project reports, financial statements, etc.
- Maintain documents, records, and files for ADB projects. Maintain a computer-based information system for project administration matters.
- Interact with Executing Agencies, development partners, consultants, and ADB staff to keep abreast of project and program issues and development concerns.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, engineering, or related fields, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the public sector or in organizations that interact regularly with local or national government.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS5.
The selected candidate will be appointed for a special fixed term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position assigned in Nauru with local remuneration package.
It is open only to nationals and residents of Nauru.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural background; gender; sexual orientation; or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.