Intern - Statistics and Data Innovation Unit - 2122
Job Vacancy | Tuesday, February 2, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Analyzing Global Value Chains (GVCs) Using Input-Output Methodologies."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
ERMR and EROD-SDI seek to engage a keen researcher to carry out a research project using innovative input-output methodologies that build on the ADB Multiregional Input Output Tables (MRIOTs). Potential areas of interest for 2021 are food and agricultural value chains, the financial side of GVCs, and innovation along GVCs. The intern will contribute to the development of cutting-edge indicators and economic research based on the MRIOTs and related to the Asia-Pacific Region by bridging the MRIOT team within SDIU and the ERMR economists’ team. The intern is also expected to assist the MRIOT team in producing high-quality data and timely analytical reports for internal and external clients.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: June 2021
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- Research project approved by supervisors and ERMR Director
- GVC statistics based on advanced analytical techniques and accounting frameworks
- Seminar presentation of ongoing research project
- Draft research paper
- Key trends based on GVC statistics or other statistics are needed by the research Team.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Economics or related field, with research background in input-output methodologies and/or global value chains.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Has produced research or analytical work related to global value chains and/or input-output methodologies.
- Has produced and analyzed GVC-related statistics.
- Has worked with and applied advanced analytical and econometric techniques to analyze trade and production data.
- Is highly proficient in MS Office, as well as statistical and mathematical programming software such as MATLAB, STATA, RATS, GAMS, etc..
- Has proven experience in operationalizing advanced and complex analytical methods and econometric and statistical accounting frameworks.
- Has strong writing and presentation skills in English.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).