Intern - Finance SG, SDSC - 2126
Job Vacancy | Tuesday, December 8, 2020
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Microfinance under the New Normal."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
(i) Support activities of the Finance Sector Group (FSG), particularly on the works related to microfinance and other areas related to financial inclusion for developing and implementing policy and operational suggestions for strengthening microfinance fo developing Asia under the new normal;
(ii) Conduct research on the rationale of roles of microfinance on emerging Asia, identifying challenges and gaps in microfinance, and assessing crisis responses of ADB developing member countries;
(iii) Identify and analyze the different investment solutions and opportunities for the microfinance sector to look beyond microcredit, e.g. insurance, savings and remittances after taking into account the lessons learned from COVID-19 crisis.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: June 2021
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
(i) Research paper on microfinance and other related research areas;
(ii) Presentation of the research results via FSG brown bag;
(iii) Support in organizing capacity building workshops on microfinance; and
(iv) Support in other FSG activities related to microfinance.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
(i) be enrolled in a Master's- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member countries, prior to and after the internship assignment in Finance, Economics, or other related course;
(ii) be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work;
(iii) be a national of one of ADB's member countries;
(iv) possess an excellent command of English; and
(v) have relevant professional experience.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• With work experience in microfinance, development program or related field is desired
• More than 2 years of experience in conducting research
• Ability to work in a team
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).