Intern - Prevention and Compliance Division - 2129
Job Vacancy | Tuesday, February 2, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Enhancing Integrity Risk Identification and Management in ADB operations."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Office of Anticorruption and Integrity needs to enhance its project integrity risk rating model, that will be used to select ADB projects for proactive integrity reviews (PIR) and to inform ADB’s operations departments on the integrity risks in loan/grant projects.
The internship will:
(i) Enhance OAI’s existing project integrity risk rating model. The task will include revising risk rating parameters and applying big data analysis to better utilize information from ADB’s relevant IT systems and databases.
(ii) Design a computerized tool, based on the enhanced integrity risk rating model, that will allow ADB’s operations departments to identify ADB projects that are susceptible to, and likely to encounter, significant integrity risks. The computerized tool will assist operations departments in (a) managing integrity risks within a portfolio of projects, (b) planning and conducting project review missions, dedicating limited resources on areas with significant integrity risks, and (c) assessing the level of integrity risks in upcoming projects.
(iii) Conduct knowledge sharing and learning events including (a) preparation of user guides, and (b) presentation of enhanced project integrity risk rating model for OAI personnel, (c) demonstration of the computerized tool for operations and other relevant departments.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: June 2021
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
(i) Practical recommendations for the improvement of the project integrity risk rating model; improvements implemented where possible with the systems and software available to OAI;
(ii) Piloted computerized tool for identification of high-risk areas in ADB projects;
(iii) User guides prepared and knowledge sharing events conducted in OAI and other ADB departments, to present key results of the internship.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Masters/PhD candidate in Data Science/Data Analytics, Information Systems Management, Information Technology Audit, or related fields.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including the ability to clearly and concisely prepare, present, discuss issues, findings, and recommendations.
• Demonstrated teamwork (works effectively with diverse colleagues in own unit and other divisions and departments).
• Demonstrated facilitation and knowledge sharing skills; builds networks with others for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas.
• Educational background and/or practical experience in developmental finance, financial audit or similar field is an advantage.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).