Intern - Energy Division, PARD - 2133
Job Vacancy | Tuesday, December 8, 2020
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Provide support to clean energy mobility work and do some analytics / data gathering."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
(i) literature review, stakeholder discussions in the Pacific on the potential for clean energy mobility in the Pacific and its importance for fragile fossil fuel import dependent economies, (ii) provide support in the assessment of clean energy mobility market potential based on interviews, analysis, discussions, (iii) assess how ADB could offer support to this market (like for solar energy in the last decade) in terms of policy recommendations, roadmaps, pilots and scaling up support (iv) assess institutional frameworks in the Pacific to deliver the clean energy mobility objective.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: June 2021
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
Final report on clean energy mobility in the Pacific.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering, Economics, finance or related fields, preferably with advanced training.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• At least 5 years in database management, research and reporting. Experience in clean energy mobility will be an advantage.
• Effective report writing and communication skills in English.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).