Senior Budget and Management Services Assistant
Job Vacancy | Monday, May 31, 2021
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply. Applications received in response to previous posting will be considered together with applications received in response to this advertisement.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Budget and Management Services Division (BPBM) within the Budget, People, and Management Services Department. BPBM manages and coordinates the effective and efficient mobilization, allocation, and use of budgetary resources, including the preparation of the annual ADB budget.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Budget and Management Services Assistant is expected to support and coordinate the preparation and monitoring of Capital Expenditures (Capex) budget, and the maintenance and enhancement of systems supporting the Capex budget management. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and/or senior National Staff.
- Support the ADB-wide budget formulation and ensure timely and completeness of data collection.
- Review and consolidate Capex budget requests and requirements for the headquarters and the field offices, including expansion and relocation proposals of field offices.
- Monitor and analyze Capex budget utilization and assist in the preparation of the quarterly reporting.
- Review requests for additional capex budget and support reallocations as necessary and feasible with a view to maximizing the use of the budgetary resources in an efficient manner.
- Prepare tables, summaries, analytics, and appendices relating to Capex budgets and utilization for the budget document, quarterly reports, and ad-hoc requests.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the Capex module of the Budget Management and Control System.
- Provide inputs in the formulation of procedures and policies on various budget items as required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor and reflected in the workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirement
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, major in Management and/or Accounting preferably with advanced training; professional qualification as a Certified Public Accountant would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in planning and budget analysis, or financial/cost accounting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and application soft wares for database management.
- Knowledge of accounting and/or financial analysis.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to analyze relationships among a few parts of a problem or situation, make simple causal links (A causes B), or pro-and-con decisions and set priorities for tasks in order of importance.
- Ability to work independently on his/her own initiative with minimal guidance from supervisors.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS5.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.