Principal Integrity Specialist
Job Vacancy | Thursday, April 29, 2021
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
Underpinned by ADB's zero tolerance for corruption, the Office of Anticorruption and Integrity aligns with ADB’s commitment to strengthen governance across Asia and the Pacific as it mitigates integrity risks, investigates integrity violations, and promotes integrity among ADB’s stakeholders. OAI leads ADB’s integrity initiatives and comprises the Office of the Head, the Investigations Division (AIID) and the Prevention and Compliance Division (AIPD).
AIPD raises awareness of and promotes ADB’s Anticorruption Policy and ADB’s role in combatting money laundering and the financing of terrorism; provides knowledge products and services; and develops and implements policy and capacity development activities for ADB stakeholders and developing member countries related thereto. AIPD also conducts proactive integrity reviews as well as serves as ADB’s focal point and independent advisor on money laundering and financing of terrorism, tax integrity and other integrity risks.
The position will lead the Integrity Due Diligence function within AIPD.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
To lead the Integrity Due Diligence function, supporting OAI’s mandate, to (i) proactively to evaluate and minimize AML/CFT integrity, tax integrity, and reputational risks in its private and public sector projects (ii) provides advisory support to other departments in the areas of anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) and advises on tax integrity risks (iii) the implementation and execution of technical assistance programs with development member countries and coordinating with other donors pertaining to such programs regarding the development of AML/CFT and approaches, methodology and controls and enhancing tax integrity of ADB development member countries. The incumbent will report to Director of AIPD and will supervise a team of international, national staff and administrative staff.
- Ensures the effective functioning of the Integrity Due Diligence (IDD) function focusing on material risks posed to ADB and to a project at hand;
- Ensures appropriate deployment of resourcing and capabilities to undertake the respective IDD scope of work;
- Conceptualizes and implements strategic proactive initiatives to ensure the delivery of OAI’s mandate under the guidance of Director, AIPD
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in advancing proactive initiatives and maximizing synergies.
- Engages stakeholders and assesses the impact of OAI’s outreach activities on DMCs including those within the mandate of a technical assistance program.
- Ensures relevant knowledge products are timely developed and published to assist ADB staff and DMCs safeguard project integrity.
- Develops training and other knowledge enhancement mechanisms to raise awareness and empowers stakeholders in ensuring project funds are utilized for their intended purposes.
- Where required, represents OAI/AIPD and contributes to relevant internal and external activities.
- Maintains abreast of global best practices in preventive AML/CFT and Tax Integrity standards and principles, technologies, practices, and shares with OAI staff and DMCs.
- Ensures training support to BPMSD and other ADB departments/offices are timely provided as requested.
- Recommends and assists in the development of policies, procedures and guidelines, as necessary to facilitate the delivery of the OAI and AIPD mandate
- Provides advisory services to other ADB departments/offices in relation to potential exposures to AML/CFT and tax integrity.
- Leads, builds and manages multi-disciplinary team members and ensures the overall quality of the IDD function work.
- Ensures that the team is highly motivated in a supportive environment.
- Supervises each team member’s performance, monitors program implementation, and provides directions and regular feedback.
- Undertakes other work that may be assigned by the Head, OAI or Director, AIPD
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Law, Project Management, Finance, or related fields; or University degree and specialized experience relevant to the position may be considered in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Professional relevant qualifications such as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or similar professional certifications are an advantage.
- At least 12 years of relevant financial crime compliance related experience demonstrating progression of responsibilities, including leading projects, conducting capacity-building activities, and experience in implementing development projects.
- Familiarity in development work and activities is required.
- Established reputation for integrity, sound judgment, fairness and discretion in dealing with others, externally and internally.
- Ability to perform under pressure and interact with others with the utmost diplomatic and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to balance multiple work priorities effectively and adapt priorities as required
- Demonstrated leadership (apply interpersonal influence to inspire others to move in a meaningful direction with competence and commitment), teamwork (ability to working with others to achieve more effective results), and conceptualization (developing viable solutions based on an understanding of institutional perspective and needs) skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including the ability to clearly and concisely prepare, present, discuss and defend issues, findings, and recommendations at senior levels and to produce complex and compelling briefs, reports, papers, etc.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Level 6.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.