Intern - Sustainable Infrastructure Division, EARD - 2202
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 16, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Developing low carbon components and building resilience in ADB projects in East Asia."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Review EARD interventions in and assess the potential for low carbon interventions
• Prepare a system to apply screening for climate change risk in projects
• Design 1-2 low carbon interventions.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks
• Timing: January 2022
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
• Proposal for low carbon interventions in EARD projects
• Check list for climate change screening on ADB loan projects drafted
• Seminar on findings of the internship
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in climate, climate change, energy, or environment.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Working experience in climate risk and vulnerable assessment, climate mitigation assessment and design of investment projects.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).