Intern - Thematic and Country Division - 2204
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 16, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Support IETC’s evaluation team on implementing a Bank-wide evaluation of ADB’s procurement
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The intern will support the evaluation team on:
• conducting literature review on procurement and its impact on development outcomes;
• undertaking regression analysis to determine the impacts of procurement on development outcomes;
• setting up database(s) and running the regression analysis; and
• preparing a background note presenting the findings of the literature review and regression analysis.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: January 2022
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
At the end of the internship, the intern is expected to deliver:
• a background paper discussing the linkage between procurement and development outcomes, and the findings of the
regression analysis; and
• a presentation on the impact of procurement on development outcomes.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in economics.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
The intern must possess:
• excellent quantitative skills with a focus on econometric analysis; and
• excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).