Intern - Sector and Project Division (Water) - 2205
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 16, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Efficiency and sustainability of ADB water sector operations."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Analyze the factors influencing the efficiency and sustainability of water operations, including tariff projections, regulatory system, and tax/transfers. Examine the differences in the economic and financial internal rates of return from water projects at appraisal and at completion. Identify the main reasons for a lower performance at completion compared to that at project appraisal.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks
• Timing: January 2022
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- A draft report on the findings (up to 15 pages, excluding tables and charts).
- A seminar presentation on findings.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Resource Economics or Water Policy.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Should be familiar with cost-benefit analysis tools and statistical/ econometric analysis.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).