Intern - Sector and Project Division (Finance) - 2206
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 16, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Support the IESP finance team in the development of the sector-wide evaluation on ADB’s operations in the finance sector."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Independent Evaluation Department (IED) is undertaking a sector-wide independent evaluation of Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) finance sector operations during the study period, 2011–2020. The evaluation will contribute to the implementation of ADB’s Strategy 2030, its component operational plans, as well as the finalization of the finance sector directional paper to help operationalize ADB’s Strategy 2030.
The intern will support the core team:
- Produce a literature review of digitalization of financial services and the role of fintech in improving financial inclusion. Includes a comparison of operations in this area by various multilateral development banks.
- Data analysis of ADB’s operations in the finance sector.
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations for IED senior management to present preliminary results
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks
• Timing: January 2022
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
At the end of the internship, the intern is expected to have:
- Improved their understanding of ADB’s corporate structure and processes
- Improved their understanding of the role of the evaluation department in multilateral development banks
- Learnt to produce reports, drafts and presentations for senior management
At the end of the internship the intern is expected to deliver a background paper and a presentation on the role of fintech in improving financial inclusion.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Master's -level program or MBA with a focus on international finance, international economics, international development or other relevant fields.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
The intern must possess an excellent command of English (written and spoken); and have relevant professional experience in data analysis and qualitative research related to finance.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).