Intern - Office of the Cluster Head, SDTC - 2207
Job Vacancy | Monday, July 19, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Establishing an Innovative and Dynamic Knowledge Platform for FCAS and SIDS."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
ADB’s President has recently approved the fragile and conflict affected-situations (FCAS) and small island developing states (SIDS) approach (FSA), which will guide ADB in using differentiated approaches in FCAS and SIDS. The FSA calls on ADB to develop an online knowledge hub for information on FCAS and SIDS, which will take the format of a SharePoint community site.
The FCAS team seeks an intern to develop such a hub by identifying relevant content for a vibrant community site that meets the needs of ADB staff. The intern will work with a range of ADB project officers on FCAS issues in different projects to understand what content meets their needs and will ensure that the resources are in a useful and accessible format. The intern will source content such as publications, but also country/situation-specific content, learning opportunities, social media accounts, blogs, online communities, and similar. The intern will also host online discussions about issues related to FCAS and SIDS of interest to the ADB community and will make suggestions on how to boost traffic to and interest in the community site.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: January 2022
4. LOCATION: Virtual
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
A well-populated relevant vibrant community site that serves the needs of ADB staff who want information on FCAS and SIDS for their work.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Experience in fragility and conflict and the requirements for differentiated approaches. Undergraduate degree in a social science or relevant subject; graduate level coursework on FCAS and SIDS issues.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Understanding of the development issues around working in FCAS and SIDS
• Familiarity with online communities and resources around FCAS and SIDS
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with SharePoint communities preferred
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).