Intern - Environment, Natural Resources & Agriculture Division, SARD - 2210
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 16, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Climate Change Adaptation in South Asia."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Conduct a literature review on risk and vulnerability of climate change on i) people and communities, ii) agriculture and
natural resources sector, and iii) national economy.
• Review NDC and NAP of South Asian countries and compile key policy targets.
• Compile climate change adaptation best practices and develop case studies relevant to the agriculture and natural
resources sector in South Asia.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: January 2022
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
Discussion note on climate change adaptation in South Asia.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Environmental or Climate Change Science or Policy.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Demonstrate experience in conducting applied research on climate change.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).