Intern - Viet Nam Resident Mission - 2213
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 16, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The task is to explore the government needs and propose innovative approaches in supporting digital transformation which is a new and strategic area of cooperation for ADB in Viet Nam. The intern will, using different methods of research, together with ADB Viet Nam Resident Mission team, assess the government’s needs and priorities for ADB’s support in digital transformation and identify entries where ADB can potentially support. Findings are expected to inform the preparation of ADB’s new loan / technical assistance projects in the area.
The intern will work closely with the Country Programming Group in Viet Nam Resident Mission (VRM).
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: January 2022
4. LOCATION: ADB Viet Nam Resident Mission, Hanoi (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
(1) Government’s needs and priorities for ADB’s support in digital transformation are identified;
(2) Areas for support is proposed for ADB’s lending and technical assistance.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in e-Governance, public management preferably with certain IT application / Computer Science knowledge, or a relevant subject.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Language skills both in English (requirement) and Vietnamese (preferable)
Subject to international travel restrictions
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).