Intern - Office of the Compliance Review Panel - 2215
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 16, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Research on remedies available to project affected persons when harmed by IFI-funded projects."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The intern will prepare a compendium of venues to address harm inflicted by IFI-funded projects and the remedies offered by those. The research is proposed to cover venues existing in independent accountability mechanisms of IFI; national and other international venues of recourse. It may also describe how affected persons seek redress to their grievances formally and informally.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: January 2022
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- Compendium of remedies and venues of addressing complaints by project affected persons who are harmed by IFI-funded projects
- On the part of the intern, a broader understanding of the complexities of how IFI’s operate, and the challenges of addressing project affected peoples’ complaints.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Enrolled in Master’s or PhD in International Development, Development Management; or Social Development or any applied Social Science with a degree or background in law or experience in addressing complaints by people affected by development projects gained from either a government organization, private firm or IFI or an organization assisting project affected persons); preferably with experience in development organizations/familiarity with how IFIs operate
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Experience in addressing complaints by people affected by development projects gained from either a government organization, private firm or IFI or an organization assisting project affected persons); preferably with experience in development organizations/familiarity with how IFIs operate.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).